I don't hate my job. I just hate that I couldn't wear heels if I wanted to. I hate that I am expected to be back at the same spot every day; day after day after day. Weekends excluded, of course.
Living at work, means that your desk feels more like home than your comfy couch or the down comforter on your bed that you spent way too much on. My desk is not only a workspace, but an inside look into my life. And so, I present to you, all of the things that I keep inside my desk:
1. endless supply of green tea
2. wasabi peas
3. an Ipad charger,
4. a usb charger (for the Android and Kindle!)
7. sugar in the raw
8. a can of Healthy Choice soup
9. 2 packs of Orbit gum
10. 1 pack of Stride gum
11. Kit Kat bar
12. a sponge
13. craisins and sliced honey roasted almonds for my salad
14. hair elastics
15. bobby pins
16. lots of glitter (my supply, not for children)
17. iridescent gold and silver acrylic paint
18. glitter glue in bronze, gold, and silver
19. A crown stamp
20. stamp pads (gold and orange)
21. a pint sized filled water bottle
22. a flat iron (don't ask)
23. a picture of Victor and Me
24. A sketchpad
25. a journal
26. a quote from Rob Bell, "Master teachers create dissonance."
27. and finally my newest addition to the desk area, a quote from Ira Glass that has kept me pushing. Despiter living at work and growing restless because nothing seems to be getting profoundly better, I know that I must stay.
"For the first couple of years, you make stuff, it's just not that good. It's trying to be good, but it's not. A lot of people never get past this phase; they quit. If you are just starting out or are still in this phase, you gotta know that it's normal and the most important thing you can do is do a lot of work [...] It's only by going thorough a volume of work that you will close the gap, and your work will be as good as your ambitions."
So, if I am staying here, I might as well make myself comfortable. What's on your desk?