I won't submit you to another bad pun today, but I did want to share another egg breakfast. This isn't a food blog and I'm not a great cook, so this may be the last (horribly written) recipe you'll get.
I have the day off and am hosting a little "Cocktails and Crafts" thingy tonight for a few friends, and I know I'll be going all out on the apple cider and bourbon drinks tonight. Starting with a heart breakfast, I can go light on lunch, and save belly room for the evening. With that said, I didn't actually finish all of this meal. I plated two eggs, but only ate one. With a side salad and my coffee, I was more than full. This is probably a meal for two.
How much of an ingredient you use is up to you. Seriously, it doesn't matter. You can't mess this up. It's all about the flavor.
Fat free half and half or any milk
For the salad:
1. Bake or fry your bacon. I prefer to put it in the oven, since it's need to be turned on for the eggs. If you're a bacon eater like me, make the entire pack and store the rest in the fridge for the week.
2. Take a small, like really small, casserole dish and put a sliver of butter on it. Add about one to two tablespoons of some milk product. No seriously, I have used whole milk, skim milk, and even heavy cream. Today, I used fat free half and half. It always tastes just fine. Put this in the oven until the butter is melted and the milk is bubbling a bit.
3. Slice the mushrooms, whatever kind you like and how much you want. I prefer my mushrooms to be meat-like, so I cut it into thirds. That doesn't even make sense, but... it's good.
4. Sautéed the mushrooms. Season them. Remember, good for the soul.
5. Then I take a small bowl and mix together grated Parmesan cheese, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper.
6. Chop the bacon up. Add it to the little bowl of heaven.
7. Take the baby casserole dish out of the oven. Throw the contents in the bowl of heaven on top of the bubbling butter and milk. Inhale.
8. Throw the mushrooms on top. Taste a piece of bacon and a mushroom together. Good, right?
9. Crack two eggs on top.
10. Throw it in the oven at 410 degrees until eggs are cooked to your liking. Make sure the egg whites are firm.
11. Put together a little arugula salad. Massage a few drops of olive oil into the greens.
12. Place baked eggs on top. Marvel at what you have made. Enjoy.